Markham Chiropractic + Rehab is proud to support Evelyn Li (Miss Universe Canada Delegate).
As part of our commitment to be actively involved in the community, Dr. Derek Ng has donated two gift certificates for Chiropractic and/or Acupuncture services for Evelyn’s upcoming charity fundraising event for Operation Smile.
Markham Chiropractic + Rehab will be OPEN on Family Day (Monday February 15 from 2pm to 7pm) in order to help those who have the day off and are needing Chiropractic, Acupuncture or Physiotherapy care.
We only have a few more appointments left for the day, so give us a call at 905-554-2118 to schedule!
One of the most frequently asked questions from new patients is, “Can your office direct bill with my insurance?” The answer is, YES! Unlike offices where the patients have to pay for the services and then get reimbursed by the insurance, our office will file directly with your insurance.
As a result:
- You pay less.
- You don’t have to fill out confusing forms.
- You won’t have anything to mail to your insurance company.
- You don’t have to wait to get reimbursed.
Insurance companies we can file:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan
- Desjardins Insurance
- Great West Life Assurance Company
- Green Shield
- Industrial Alliance
- Johnson Inc
- Manulife Financial
- Maximum Benefit or Johnston Group
- Standard Life Assurance Company
- Sun Life Financial
Although rare, there are some insurance plans that will not allow offices to direct bill – our office will help you determine if your insurance permits direct billing.
If you have any question, give our office a call at 905-554-2118
After a car accident, you often experience whiplash associated symptoms and are unsure what to do and who to see regarding your pain and discomfort. Chiropractic, Acupuncture and Physiotherapy services can help with reducing pain, improving range of motion and improving strength of muscles affected by whiplash.
Effective December 1, 2014, there was a huge change in how health care providers can bill for motor vehicle accident cases. Health care providers must be licensed with the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) in order to be able to directly bill the car insurance for health care services provided. If a provider is not licensed with FSCO, the patient will have to pay out-of-pocket for services directly to the health care provider and then submit the receipts to the car insurance company for reimbursement.
Markham Chiropractic + Rehab is a licensed service provider with FSCO and we are equipped to process all of the paperwork required for motor vehicle accidents.
What does this mean to YOU?
- We can directly bill your car insurance for health care services and you do not have to pay for services up-front and then submit a receipt for reimbursement
- You can focus on getting better and not have to deal with all of the paperwork involved
- Markham Chiropractic + Rehab’s goal is to eliminate any paperwork and additional stress on you during this stressful time
To schedule an appointment or if you have any questions, call 905-554-2118.
We’ve been getting several inquiries about pre and post-surgery rehabilitation services at Markham Chiropractic + Rehab and what our health care providers can do to help them recover, heal quicker and/or rebuild muscular strength with Chiropractic, Acupuncture or Physiotherapy.
Many of these outpatient surgeries happen at nearby hospitals in Markham and patients are often given limited at-home exercises to perform on their own (without any supervision) and/or are told to find an office where they can get one-on-one treatment for Chiropractic, Acupuncture or Physiotherapy.
Markham Chiropractic + Rehab’s very own physiotherapy resident, Maria Enriquez, has extensive experience working with PRE and POST surgery candidates to help maintain the function, strength and range of motion of the muscles and joints pre-surgery or helping the patient regain near to full range of motion post-surgery. In addition, to assist with the healing process, Dr. Derek Ng, can utilize Acupuncture around the surgical site.
Why Choose Us Blog will tell you a little more about our office and why Markham Chiropractic + Rehab aims to become the go-to Chiropractic + Rehabilitation office for your health care needs in Markham, Richmond Hill, Stouffville and surrounding areas.
If you are needing more information, give our office a call at 905-554-2118.
Markham Chiropractic + Rehab will be OPEN on Family Day (Monday, February 16) in order to help those who have the day off and are needing Chiropractic, Acupuncture or Physiotherapy care.
Appointments can be scheduled by calling 905-554-2118.
Wrist pain can affect a wide range of people with different types of jobs. At Markham Chiropractic + Rehab , we have seen wrist pain affect those who work as massage therapists, in an office setting (such as prolonged use of the computer) and/or in manual labour settings (such as a carpenter).
For example, an office worker (who uses the computer for prolonged periods of time) may complain of wrist pain which affects the patient from the wrist crease down to the hand. They may experience symptoms such as pain, numbness and/or tingling which could indicate compression of the median nerve within the carpal tunnel. Without rehabilitation interventions such as Chiropractic, Acupuncture and/or Physiotherapy, the condition may progress further resulting in pain to reach the forearm and even shoulder.
Let our Markham health care providers, Dr. Derek Ng or Maria Enriquez provide the best Chiropractic, Acupuncture and/or Physiotherapy to help you with your wrist pain.
Give our office a call at 905-554-2118 to schedule an appointment or if you have any questions.
Markham Chiropractic + Rehab will be participating in the City of Markham’s Healthy Living Fair.
Discover ways to improve your quality of life. A gathering of health care professionals featuring a variety of healthy living practitioners and products, displays, demos, free samples and prizes.
We look forward to seeing you at our booth!
Saturday, September 13, 2014
10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Cornell Community Centre
3201 Bur Oak Avenue, Markham, Ontario
FREE PARKING & ADMISSION
Sciatica is a common condition seen by Markham Chiropractor, Dr. Derek Ng. Sciatica is a pain that usually radiates from the low back and then down the leg. It is caused by an irritation of the sciatic nerve. Symptoms not only include butt pain but also low back pain and leg pain, numbness and/or tingling. Most of the time, the pain can affect a patient’s day-to-day activities, work or sleeping pattern and at its worse, we have seen it even affect a patient’s gait meaning it becomes very difficult for the patient to walk.
What can your Markham Chiropractic Office do to help these symptoms?
- Dr. Ng will do a thorough consultation and examination to find out the frequency, duration and intensity of the pain and to essentially determine what is causing the butt pain (as there are a few other conditions that can lead to butt pain which will be discussed in future blogs).
- He will put your body through different ranges of motion and orthopedic tests to determine what the cause of the problem is and determine a treatment plan/plan of action on how to get you feeling better!
- Our primary focus is to provide quality care for ALL patients of Markham Chiropractic + Rehab because a healthy spine is a healthy life!
If you are experiencing butt pain, low back pain and leg pain, numbness and/or tingling, give our office a call at 905-554-2118 to see how we can help you.
Image Source: Primal Pictures, 3D4Medical/Photo Researchers Inc.
We know that there are many Markham Chiropractors you can choose from and we want to give you reasons on why you should choose our office and what sets us apart from other offices.
We treat our patients with utmost care and respect. Markham Chiropractic + Rehab provide a variety of health care treatments that are comfortable, safe, and effective. One of the benefits of understanding your spinal health conditions is that you become an empowered patient and can have a greater role in deciding treatment options that are right for you.
1. Dr. Ng personally handles all patient care – from the initial consult and examination to subsequent treatments – at Markham Chiropractic + Rehab so you can rest assure that you will receive personalized care tailored to your condition.
2. We value your time. We strive for a no wait policy for the initial and subsequent visits at Markham Chiropractic + Rehab which means that once you fill out your paperwork or arrive to our office, you will be seen by Dr. Ng.
- Initial visit ranges from 30-40 minutes.
- Subsequent visits ranges from 15-20 minutes.
3. We DO NOT charge extra for therapies at our office but rather, our Chiropractic subsequent fee rate of $40 includes muscle stimulation, intersegmental traction, soft tissue work or rehabilitation exercises in addition to an adjustment/manipulation.
- Muscle stimulation is a rehabilitation machine used to help reduce pain, inflammation and muscle tightness.
- Intersegmental traction is a “roller massage” table that you lay on. It has rollers that gently go up and down your spine to help restore motion in the spine and provide relaxation.
- Dr. Ng uses manual adjustments/manipulations (Diversified Technique) delivered by the hands to the spine to help return the subluxated (misaligned) vertebrae to as normal position as possible. Dr. Ng does a thorough consultation and examination to ensure the safety of all treatments prescribed and before any treatments begin, Dr. Ng will provide you with a report of findings to discuss treatment recommendations and whether he can help you. If he is not able to help you, he will refer you to another health care practitioner who can help you.
4. Our office will call to verify your benefits and file the claims for you. As a Telus Health provider, we can file your claims electronically and receive assignment of benefit (payment) directly to our office which means less out-of-pocket expense and paperwork for you!
- For example: if your insurance company covers 80% for chiropractic care, that means you would be responsible for 20%.
- Initial visit: $75 x 80% (insurance covers $60) = $15 is your out-of-pocket costs
- Subsequent visit: $40 x $80% (insurance covers $32) = $8 is your out-of-pocket costs
5. We LOVE what we do and we truly believe we have the best job in the world because we have experienced first-hand being in the Chiropractic profession 5+ years the reward of being able to change people’s lives with Chiropractic and Acupuncture.
- It doesn’t matter what we say about our office – it’s what other people say that matters. Click here to see what our patients have to say.