Markham Chiropractic + Rehab will reopening on Monday, June 1, 2020.
The Ministry of Health announced on May 26th, after approximately 2 ½ months in which health professionals were limited to providing urgent/emergency and telehealth services only to patients, it has amended Directive #2 to allow for “all deferred and non-essential and elective services carried out by Health Care Providers” to be gradually restarted, subject to a number of requirements contained in the amended Directive.
In other words, Ontario chiropractors, physiotherapists and massage therapists can, under certain conditions, start the process of getting back to our work and our driving passion – providing the highest quality care for all our patients!
How we are keeping patients safe during COVID:
• WE ARE SCREENING all patients to ensure they have not been sick and have not knowingly been in contact with anyone who has been sick in the last 14 days. Visit Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 Screening for more information.
If you have any of these symptoms, please SELF-ISOLATE and call 905-554-2118 to reschedule your appointment
• WE WILL CONTINUE TO SANITIZE AND DISINFECT all tables and equipment and washing our hands between each patient.
• ALL STAFF will be required to wear face masks
•ALL PATIENTS are REQUIRED to wear a non-medical face mask or facial covering during their appointment
• WE ARE REDUCING POTENTIAL CONTACT by:
– requiring all patients to use hand sanitizer upon entry
– making sanitizer available in all rooms
– educating our patients through signage of new policies regarding how we are keeping you safe during COVID-19
– allowing only patients who have an appointment to enter the clinic
– removing all magazines from the waiting area
– re-organizing and removing waiting room chairs to maintain physical
– sanitizing debit card machine after each use
– having patients use a Q-tip used to enter their PIN# for any debit card payments
– sanitizing all pens used by patients when completing intake forms
– maintaining an infection control and cleaning daily log to hold all staff and health care providers accountable for ensuring proper cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting has taken place after each patient visit
• WE ARE REDUCING OUR PATIENT VOLUME to safely space out appointment times and allow extra time to sanitize and disinfect the rooms, tables and equipment.
• ONE-on-ONE appointments with health care providers in closed room (no-open gym) which will maintain physical distancing from other patients. In addition, any additional therapies (if required) will be provided in a separate room, one patient at a time in order to maintain physical distancing from other patients.
• TO BETTER PRACTICE PHYSICAL DISTANCING, only patients will be permitted in the office. Accompanying visitors are asked to wait outside of the office during your appointment.
• PLEASE ARRIVE ON-TIME* FOR YOUR SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT as this appointment time is set aside for you. We are staggering all patient appointments in order to control the number of patients within the clinic at any given moment and to ensure physical distancing is maintained at all times.
* In the event that you are running late for your appointment, please CALL the office at 905-554-2118 to see if our health care provider can still see you. If we are not able to accommodate you, the appointment will be rescheduled.
• CLINIC DOOR WILL REMAIN CLOSED (and will no longer be left opened) so please come on in for your scheduled appointment.
We will continue to adhere to any guidance and/or restrictions in place as recommended by the government and the respective health care colleges of all of our health care providers in order to keep our patients, staff and their families safe and healthy.
During this unprecedented time, we ask for your cooperation, understanding and patience as we are all working together to continue to remain connected, even if we are having to do it at a distance.
We look forward to serving you in the near future!